Staten Island Arts cultivates a sustainable and diverse cultural community for the people of Staten Island by:
• Making the arts accessible to every member of the community.
• Supporting and building recognition for artistic achievement.
• Providing artists, organizations, and arts educators the technical, financial and social resources to encourage cultural production.
For a look at Staten Island Art’s (formerly COAHSI) Strategic Plan, click here.
• Melanie Franklin Cohn, Executive Director
• Blake Eagel, Office Assistant
• Gena Mimozo, Director of Grants Administration
• Christopher Mulé, Deputy Director/Folklorist
• Juan Carlos Salinas, Arts in Education Program Director
• Monica Valenzuela, Director of Development & Community Programming
Board of Directors
• Patrick Jordan, President
• Diane Kramer, Treasurer
• Christopher Benbow, Esq., 2nd Vice President
• Jeffrey Beyer, Time Warner Cable
• Jay Anderson
• Donna Maxon, Secretary
• Ryan McGivern
• Hal Minsky, Assistant Secretary
• Melissa O’Connell
• Maryann Piazza
• Todd Alan Price
• Robert Shick, Vice President
• Kelly Yim
• Sajda Ladner
• Malissa Priebe
• Bree Driscoll
Staten Island Arts receives program support from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs; New York State Council on the Arts; JP Morgan Chase Foundation; The Lily Auchincloss Foundation, New York Community Trust; Legend Business Group; New York City Council members James Oddo and Debi Rose, and our artist, individual, family, and business members.
Arts in Education programs receive additional support from the Staten Island Foundation; and the Jennifer and Jonathan Allan Soros Charitable Foundation.
Folklife programs receive additional support from The National Endowment for the Arts, Con Edison, and the Nicotra Foundation.
Culture Lounge programs receive additional support from The Kress Family Foundation;
Build-out of the Culture Lounge was made possible by Staten Island Borough President James Molinaro; The Hyde and Watson Foundation; and the Richmond County Savings Foundation.